Monday, December 28, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
- It usually involves missing out on a week or two of crappy NW Washington weather and heading somewhere tropical. Like, say, Mexico!
- Totally skipping the last minute "oh-my-god-we-forgot-to-get-something-for-aunt-Marge" run to the overcrowded mall.
- None of those pesky pine needles clogging up your vacuum. Don't say that doesn't piss you off.
- None of that pesky "it's time to take the tree down because it's already March" kinda moments.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Me: "It's inhumane to leave him there all day. Can't you take him to work and let him go?"
Friday, December 11, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Friday night Todd and I went on our first "date" and left Colt with his aunt and uncle. We weren't anticipating staying out too late but ended up having so much fun, stayed out far past our bedtime (of 8pm) and had perhaps a little too much alcohol. But, what an occasion: first date after our first born!
I got our Christmas tree. I know, I know...this is a lot of people's favorite part of Christmas. Todd and I usually skip Christmas though but figured we'd do it up for the baby. Remember last year? Cancun? The sun, the sand, the surf, the booze? The baby due 9 months TO THE DAY after Christmas? Not falling for THAT one again... The tree is still on the deck waiting to be brought inside and decorated. We're already WAY ahead of where we were last year.
Colton slept through the night. TWICE.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
First time in the Bumbo chair. Colt did pretty good, but once he slumps over he can't really get back up himself. We're getting there though!
Bath time! We don't even cry anymore - in fact, he kinda likes it!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
- The blue and black polka-dotted shirt with the ties in the back. Ya know, the one who's ties ended up in the toilet water the first time I wore it? It's only redeeming quality was the fact that it's plunging neckline made my already large boobs look even bigger.
- The black snap-strap summer dress. Remember the one that cut loose as I got out of the car at the dealership leaving me totally exposed as the salesperson came over??
- The jeans with the huge tan fake stomach like front panel? I mean, why do they even make those? Have they ever held any one's pants up? Or, is everyone else like me: in a constant state of hiking the pants back up to where they're supposed to be?
- A white cotton shirt worn at the very end of my pregnancy that looks more like a boat sail with pockets sewn on the front. It really would have been cute, say, 10 sizes smaller!!
- The yoga pants. They were total high waters and the waist band was like 10 inches wide.
The only thing I was really sad to see go was the one pair of maternity jeans I found for $4.99 at Value Village that were already broken in, fit amazingly and had the small 2 inch elastic waistband sewn the whole way around. They were awesome. Sad to see them go.
All things are safely stored now. I was inclined to send them straight to the Goodwill, but I'm a firm believer there's this biological mechanism in all women that somehow allows us to block out all the sleepless nights, the frequent peeing, the constant crying (not just the baby....) and the aches and pains and somehow we end up with more than one kid. So, somewhere down the line those clothes might make it back into the house, but for now they will live in the garage!!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
The proud momma!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
The perfect time to add three 8-week old piglets to an ever-growing collection of farm animals is 2 days before the birth of our first baby, right?
They are so cute though! They're all from one litter and are about the size of a medium terrier now - but they grow fast! I was out last night playing with them and they're still a little timid, but two of them let me scratch their snouts and then relaxed enough for me to scratch their heads and behind their ears. They really are adorable.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
There was one moment during out 4 day stay when I thought would just be oh so NOT the right time to have a baby.....the first 3 days were beautiful and peaceful and we were able to enjoy walks, bike rides and Todd and my dad spent a decent amount of time fishing. Then, Saturday night, a huge rain/winstorm blew in.