Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our First Road Trip and Overnight Stay!



This Friday I go back to work and wanted to get a trip in to see my best friend Amy down in Puyallup. Three hours in the car and a one night stay away from the comforts of our own home? Sure! Why not? Suprisingly enough Colt slept the entire way there. I was a little nervous since he had a long nap at grandma and grandpa's before I left, but he made it the whole way plus some!
We discovered right away I didn't pack enough clothes. Three changes is obviously not enough since he ripped through those in the first 4 hours we were there. There was the post-travel bowel explosion, the post-travel bladder evacuation, followed closely by the post-travel barf on everything episode. The barfing episode happened the moment we convinced Zoey, Amy's nearly 3 year old, to hold Colton while we snapped some cute pics. A little barf got on Zoey's shirt which upset her so much she said, "He's ready to get up. He's ready to get up and I need a new shirt. Get him up." And she didn't even get hit with any chunks. So, pretty much Amy spent her day off doing our laundry. We'll pack more next time!
At one point the house was packed with the perfect form of birth control: my 2 month old, Amy's friend Sharon's 3 month old, Zoey, and Alisa's two toddlers, Avelyn and Finley. The cyclone of kids running around wore Colton out and he slept most of the time we were there!
I had an awesome time and now know you have to pack WAY more clothes and WAY more diapers than you think you could possibly use.

1 comment:

  1. Very true!! We are on vacation right now and let me just say its a very good thing the condo has laundry onsite, a very good thing indead!!

    ReplyDelete