Sunday, November 1, 2009

Please Repeat Your Selection

I have found that it is impossible to work your way through the automated call center over the phone while holding a crying baby. All I wanted to do was call our corporate office and ask what address to send some paperwork to, so I really didn't need to talk to anyone "live", I just needed to get the freaking address.
"Please enter your employee ID number."
"Waaa. Waaa. 6. 2. Waaa. 7. Waaaa."
"Hmm. I didn't catch that. Please enter or say your employee ID number."
"Waaa. Waaa. 6. 2. Waaa. 7."
"If 93696 is correct, say yes. If not, say no."
"NO. Waaaa. Waaa"
"Yes, alright then. For HR say one, for IT say two, for benefits questions say three."
"Waaaa. THREE. Waaa."
"Hmm. I didn't catch that. Please choose one of the following options: For HR say one, for IT say two, for benefits questions say three."
"Waa. THAA-REEE. Waa."
"Hmm. I didn't catch that. To be transferred to an operator say 'operator'."
"Waa... OPERATOR. Waa."
"Hmm. I didn't catch that. Please choose one of the following options: For HR say one, for IT say two, for benefits questions say three."
Whatever. I just hung up. Obviously the computer system doesn't speak baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment