Saturday, March 12, 2011

Woo-hoo!

Pardon me while I indulge in a little self-admiration..

..Just finished the Bellingham Runnin' O The Green 5 mile run in 43 minutes. And, I ran the whole way. That's right. Eat it up.

..ok, now that we have THAT our of our system, here are a few important realizations I came to during the race. Most of these came to me about mile 3 - ya know, too far away to turn back (would have been longer to turn back at that point anyway) and too close to quit. Plus, there was this 85 year old lady I was tailing the whole race and I wasn't going to let her get away from me.
  1. Whole milk. Bad idea. Phlegm, phlegm and more phlegm. Thankfully my music was loud enough that I couldn't hear my hacking. Can't imagine the other racers liked that.
  2. Garlic and onion hash browns the morning of the race. Stinky, burpy nastiness. Nothing like pushing through that hill, burping onion the whole way.
  3. The night before the race - not a good time to clip your toenails. I don't consider toenail clipping a full-contact sport, but one wrong move and those 5 miles get pretty uncomfortable.
Anyway, still ran a really good time (I thought, anyway). So, more hill work and less onions, garlic, milk and toenail clipping and I'll be good to go for those 2 half-marathons I'm signed up for!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU. ROCK. seriously. you're going to kick my ass in seattle in june.

    ReplyDelete