Saturday, February 13, 2010

Can This Guy Tell Time?!

I mean, really? Is a 4-month-old capable of telling what day of the week it is? Really?

This is how our week played out:

Sunday night: Up two times. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Slightly tired when I arrive to work Monday.

Monday night: Up two times. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Moderately rested -I don't work Tuesday.

Tuesday night: Up three times. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Dog pukes everywere. Up four times letting him out. Exhausted when I arrive to work Wednesday.

Wednesday night: Up three times. Screaming fit during mid-night diaper change. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Feed, back to bed. Colt sleeps duration of night in our bed. I don't sleep well at all. Obviously his toenails need clipping. My legs are shredded. Borderline narcoleptic when I arrive to work Thursday.

Thursday night:  Up three times. Screaming fit during mid-night diaper change. Screaming fit continues for nearly one hour. I relocate to couch in feeble attempt to muster 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Couch is uncomfortable, sleep very little. Feed, toss and turn. Feed, toss and turn. Feed, off to work! Sleep deficient, angry at the world, un-showered and fidgety (do to massive caffeine overload) I arrive at work. Co-workers ask if I'm alright. Offer kind words of advice and recommend moving baby to cereal or solid foods to maybe increase hours slept at night. I consider selling baby on craigslist.

Friday night: Up once. Slept in own bed nearly all night. Dammit anyway.

So, this leaves me wondering if he can tell time. Perhaps it's some subtle way of telling me he doesn't like me going to work? Whatever it is: here's to hoping next week is better. Ugh.

1 comment: